Tuesday, February 9, 2010

EVIL FRIENDS FROM THE DARKNESS OF THE OCCULT COVEN

It sha has coven inside, abi?


KAYODE'S OPENING: This was "write" by Oduwusi Pelumi, @youngprincejosh on Twitter. Ladies, he's not normally a writer but as you people will say, "Gosh, he's fine!" Whether I think he needs to bulk up isn't the issue here, because frankly, I wasn't supposed to write the preceding, but give this a quick read. It's one man's thoughts on witchcraft... or NOT!

Before you read this, I would like to apologize for this article or post or whatever its called. I'm normally not a writer. I guess like the prophets of the old days, the spirit of writing falls on me once in a long while. Doesn't mean the writing is good, the spirit just falls.


The title of this piece was chosen because of my love for naija movie titles (yes, I overdid it, but then, don't they always overdo it too?).

When I decided to write this, my head was pounding. BTW, hope u people know that poundo yam was invented by black peeps who were brainwashed by white people in order to take away the love of pounded yam from us and therefore allow for our women to be enslaved into neo-colonialism (I like the word). That is my conspiracy theory.

Ok, now that I'm done with useless talk, let's straight to the issue at hand, Evil Friends. Please o, don't be mislead by the title, I'm not talking about witchcraft (or wizardcraft?) here. I have enough things to deal with right now, I don't want 'visitation'. I'm talking about friends that deny their friends.

Denial of friends is rather common now. A certain girl at the Faculty wrote a piece (really I don't know what they call these things) on a newsboard. Now,this piece was very interesting, veeerrrry sexual. It was raw and uncensored. And she put her name and picture on the piece (no, not a dirty picture). Well, I happened to be jobless and I overheard (or I was forced to hear) a conversation between some girls. One was like, 'did you see what your friend wrote?'. The other quickly answered 'no o, we are not friends o. We just say hi to each other' (some Peter things). She was obviously lying. And then she said something about how she didn't expect something like that from the writer girl. And I have cause to believe this girl is not as holy as the writer sef. Apart from this, I heard stuff (unconfirmed stuff sha) about a guy denying his girlfriend over some pictures while saying he can never deny a friend (sharp guy).

 Everyone has he's (in order to save time, I decided not put the 'her's') opinion about things like this but I think its crap. I can say that I have never because anyone's embarrassing act denied my friendship with the person. We all make mistakes na. Even Jesus used to hangout with the 'badguys'. They say a deed in a friend is a need indeed friend (or something like that).

Yeah, we all have a time when we call a conference of friends and talk about everything that's wrong with the friend that's not around, but please try not to get to a point of denying them cuz that's when they actually need you the most. And your turn might come someday. 
       
Ok, the spirit has left. Mi o mo nkan ti mo ma ko mo. Errmm, so this is the end. Peace and God bless.          
  
Note: all typographical and grammatical errors were write on purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a go here